W&M Online Master’s and Certificates in Finance Admissions and Application Requirements
Our Online Master of Science program and Online Certificate in Finance programs are built on practical coursework that emphasizes technical finance skills and provides a rigorous level of practice-driven insights. This is why the Online Admissions Team at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business seeks ambitious applicants with demonstrated success in their professional careers and who possess the motivation to create value in ethical ways.
While successful candidates may come from any professional field, all applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- At least two years of professional work experience OR prospects must otherwise demonstrate their business acumen
Spring 2023 Application Deadlines
Priority Deadline: October 21, 2022
Final Deadline: December 2, 2022
Online Master of Science Term Start Date: January 9, 2023
Upcoming Start Dates for the Online Certificate in Finance Programs
Investment Management: Fall 2022
Real Estate Finance: Spring 2023
Corporate Finance: Summer 2023
Feel free to contact an Admissions Advisor if you have any questions about whether your work experience meets this requirement.
No GMAT Required
We are committed to holistically evaluating applicants and considering all aspects of their professional and academic backgrounds. We value data, but we know that you are more than a test score. For online students, demonstrated success in professional careers is a key indicator of their ability to succeed in an online program.
For this reason, we do not require GMAT or GRE scores for admission to the Online Master’s in Finance or Online Certificate in Finance programs. Applicants may, however, submit scores for consideration if they believe that doing so will be beneficial to their application.
I want to...
Key Steps and Application Requirements
Complete the Online Application
As part of the online application, you will be asked to submit the following:
- A current resume or CV with employment history
- One personal essay. When submitting your essay, as well as the optional personal statement, please list your full name and the question being answered at the top of the page; also, please use at least 12-point font and double spacing
- Optional Personal Statement (250 words): Is there any additional information that you would like to share with the Online Admissions Team that you believe would be helpful in reviewing your application? Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented in your coursework or resume.
Request Official Transcripts
Official academic transcripts from all institutions where you have received a conferred bachelor or graduate degree. These must be sent directly from your institution.
- Electronic official transcripts sent through a secure transcript delivery network are preferred. Transcripts should be sent to William & Mary Graduate School of Business or William & Mary Raymond A. Mason School of Business. If these options are not available when you order, please have them sent to email@example.com.
We also accept hard-copy official transcripts. They must be sent directly from your academic institution or forwarded in a sealed envelope from you (DO NOT OPEN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS) to the following address:
William & Mary
Raymond A. Mason School of Business
Attn: Center for Online Learning
PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187
NOTE: You should upload unofficial transcripts to your application from institutions where you earned a degree and from those where you completed a significant number of credits. William & Mary reserves the right to request transcripts from all universities you have attended for a holistic review of your application. W&M reserves the right to delay passing a decision on your application until official transcripts are received.
Pay Application Fee: $100 (or request a waiver)
The application fee may be waived for applications submitted by the priority deadline, active- duty military and veterans, W&M alumni, attendees of informational webinars, and at the discretion of the Admissions Office. Contact an Admissions Advisor to discuss whether you qualify for a few waiver.
- Each Online MSF Applicant must submit two professional references. Please select individuals who can provide specific and relevant information about your intellectual and quantitative abilities, performance and motivation
- Each Online MSF applicant must schedule a personal admission interview. Qualified applicants who have submitted and completed their application will be invited to schedule a personal admission interview. Interviews can be conducted on campus, via Skype video conference or by telephone.
Proof of English Language Proficiency (for Non-U.S. Citizens)
International applicants must have a TOEFL score of at least 100 if internet-based, 250 if computer-based or 600 if paper-based, or an IELTS score of at least 6.5. Exemptions may be granted for applicants who have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. institution or lived and worked full-time in a predominantly English-speaking country for the past two years.
Still Have Questions?
To learn more about application requirements, or if you have questions about whether the Online MS or Certificate in Finance is the right program for you, please contact one of our Admissions Advisors at 844-234-4075, or schedule a call at a time that is convenient for you.