Welcome to Your Online MBA Residency Experience
Due to COVID-19 concerns, the Spring 2021 residency weekend will be conducted online. Please contact an admissions advisor for more information.
The Online MBA residency weekend is a defining element of our revolutionary program. It’s your opportunity to engage in intellectually invigorating discussions of contemporary business issues, deepen your connection with online classmates through face-to-face interaction and grow your professional network.
We host residency weekends twice per year on our historic campus in Williamsburg, Virginia, and while attendance is only required at one weekend during your time in the Online MBA program, you are welcome to attend as many as you like. These conference-style, Friday-Sunday events include speakers, team-building activities and networking functions. You will have the opportunity to discuss core business topics such as leadership, finance and marketing, as well as current events and global issues. You’ll also have the chance to meet with our Executive Partners (EPs), a select group of retired professionals who volunteer their time as mentors to all Raymond A. Mason School of Business students.
Online MBA Residency at a Glance
During your residency experience, you can expect to:
- Learn from guest speakers as they share their expertise on a variety of relevant business issues
- Attend workshops and panel discussions designed to enhance your online learning experience
- Participate in engaging dialogue with industry leaders on topics that reach beyond what’s covered in the classroom (crisis communications, ethics in business, etc.)
- Strengthen your relationships with your classmates through valuable in-person interaction and collaboration
- Expand your network by forming connections with accomplished business professionals throughout the residency period
Please note: Students are invited to attend all residency offerings, though you only need to attend one to meet the 1-credit program requirement.
Residency Weekend Snapshot
- Arrive on campus Friday evening
- MBA networking reception
- Dinner with fellow classmates and faculty
- Group breakfast with guest speaker
- Breakout session #1
- Lunch with Executive Partners
- Breakout session #2
- Cocktail reception
- Formal dinner with keynote speaker
- Group breakfast
- Breakout session #3