W&M Online Master’s in Marketing Admissions and Application Requirements
The Online Admissions Team at the Raymond A. Mason School of Business seeks a special kind of professional to fill the digital classrooms of our Online Master’s in Marketing program. Intellectually ambitious and unafraid to push boundaries, the students who will thrive in the Online Master’s in Marketing will redefine the field in the coming years, prepared to succeed and lead by the broad, deep training they receive as Renaissance Marketers.
While successful candidates may come from any professional field, all applicants must have:
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- At least two years of professional work experience with marketing exposure
Spring 2023 Application Deadlines
Priority Deadline: October 21, 2022
Final Deadline: December 2, 2022
Online Master’s in Marketing Term Start Date: January 9, 2023
What is Marketing Exposure?
Because we understand that not all Online Master’s in Marketing applicants will come to us with hands-on marketing experience, we want to ensure that all students enter the program prepared to succeed. That is why we require two years of professional work experience with marketing exposure to apply to the program. This could include roles:
- In a marketing department
- On a team that works with or adjacent to the marketing department at your company
- At an organization that contracts with a marketing agency to promote your product or service
- With other demonstrated forms of interaction with marketing as a function
Feel free to contact an Admissions Advisor if you have any questions regarding whether your work experience meets this requirement.
No GMAT Required
We are committed to evaluating all applicants holistically and considering all aspects of their professional and academic backgrounds. We do not require GMAT or GRE scores for admission to the Online Master’s in Marketing program.
Applicants may, however, submit scores for consideration if they believe that doing so will be beneficial to their application.
Key Steps and Application Requirements
Complete the Online Application
As part of the online application, you will be asked to submit the following:
- Two letters of reference. Please select individuals who can provide specific and relevant information about your intellectual and quantitative abilities, performance and motivation
- One personal essay. When submitting your essay, as well as the optional personal statement, please list your full name and the question being answered at the top of the page; also, please use at least 12-point font and double spacing
Required Essay Prompt (at least 800 words): Why is a master’s degree in marketing the next logical step toward achieving your short- and long-term professional goals? And why is the William & Mary Online Master’s in Marketing the right program for you?
Optional Personal Statement (250 words): Is there any additional information that you would like to share with the Online Admissions Team that you believe would be helpful in reviewing your application? Complete this question only if you feel your candidacy is not fully represented in your coursework or resume.
Request Official Transcripts
Official academic transcripts from all institutions where you have received a conferred bachelor or graduate degree. These must be sent directly from your institution.
- Electronic official transcripts sent through a secure transcript delivery network are preferred. Transcripts should be sent to William & Mary Graduate School of Business or William & Mary Raymond A. Mason School of Business. If these options are not available when you order, please have them sent to email@example.com.
We also accept hard-copy official transcripts. They must be sent directly from your academic institution or forwarded in a sealed envelope from you (DO NOT OPEN OFFICIAL TRANSCRIPTS) to the following address:
William & Mary
Raymond A. Mason School of Business
Attn: Center for Online Learning
PO Box 8795
Williamsburg, VA 23187
NOTE: You should upload unofficial transcripts to your application from institutions where you earned a degree and from those where you completed a significant number of credits. William & Mary reserves the right to request transcripts from all universities you have attended for a holistic review of your application. W&M reserves the right to delay passing a decision on your application until official transcripts are received.
Pay Application Fee: $100 (or request a waiver)
The application fee may be waived for applications submitted by the priority deadline, active- duty military and veterans, W&M alumni, attendees of informational webinars, and at the discretion of the Admissions Office. Contact an Admissions Advisor to discuss whether you qualify for a few waiver.
Schedule a Personal Admission Interview
Qualified applicants who have submitted and completed their application will be invited to schedule a personal admission interview. Interviews can be conducted by video conference, telephone, or on campus.
Proof of English Language Proficiency (for Non-U.S. Citizens)
International applicants must have a TOEFL score of at least 100 if internet-based, 250 if computer-based or 600 if paper-based, or an IELTS score of at least 7. Exemptions may be granted for applicants who have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. institution or lived and worked full-time in a predominantly English-speaking country for the past two years.
Still Have Questions?
To learn more about application requirements, or if you have questions about whether the Online Master’s in Marketing is the right program for you, please contact one of our Admissions Advisors at 844-234-4075, or schedule a call at a time that is convenient for you.